Do the Woo - A WooCommerce Podcast
An Agency, a Plugin Shop and the Woo Ecosystem with Katie Keith
What challenges are there facing WooCommerce plugin developers when working with Gutenberg? Katie Keith shares what she has learned and tells us more about her WooCommerce journey.
In episode 39 of our podcast, Jonathan Wold and I chat with Katie Keith from Barn2 Plugins about:
- Moving their agency to WordPress
- Their decision to start developing plugins specifically for WooCommerce
- Challenges of or motivations toward their investment in WordPress and WooCommerce
- Challenges for a plugin developer around Gutenberg and WooCommerce
- Choosing which new plugin ideas to pursue
- Learning styles and documentation
- Tips on new plugin developers getting into the space
- Added features vs new plugin development
- Katie's thoughts on the future this ecosystem holds
Thanks to Our Sponsors
A Plugin Shop's Views Around Product Ideas, Gutenberg and What the Future Holds
Katie shares her journey: how they started in the WordPress space in 2009 and some of the twists and turns along the way as they moved from services to products. She gives us insights into how confidence was essential as they moved into the WordPress space.
We moved into what is happening and reflecting on her experience in the past few years, including Gutenberg and her challenges as a WooCommerce plugin shop owner.
I asked Katie about her approach to documentation, how they come up with their ideas and how they decide which ones to pursue as new products.
We rounded off the conversation by asking Katie for her tips on anyone who wants to enter the plugin space, specifically WooCommerce and what she is excited or concerned about in the future of the WooCommerce ecosystem.
- WooCommerce 4.0 Beta 1 is Out
- Jonathan Talks WooCommerce Meetups
Where to find Katie
- Barn2 on Twitter @barn2media
WooCommerce Default Quantity WooCommerce Lead Time WooCommerce Protected Categories WooCommerce Product Table WooCommerce Quickiew Pro
Brought to you by Bob Dunn aka BobWP of Do the Woo - A WooCommerce Podcast